Date: Dec. 9, 2023, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Christmas in the County
Looking to escape the city for some winter fun? Plan your next family memory by taking in a few festivities at one or more Leduc County businesses!
On Dec. 9 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Leduc County Business and Entrepreneur Centre (BEC) will be hosting a variety of activities, including:
- Very Merry Thriftmas | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At Merry Thriftmas, you'll find a curated selection of pre-loved items that are sure to bring back fond memories. Browse through racks of vintage clothing and timeless pieces that never go out of style. From statement jackets to vintage band tees and accessories, there's something to suit every taste and style.
- Local best-selling author, Karlynn Johnston (also known as The Kitchen Magpie), will be on site to sign and sell her latest cookbook, “A Very Prairie Christmas Bakebook: Cookies, Candies, Cakes & More: Vintage Baking to Celebrate the Festive Season,” and Mother by Chartier will be selling a completed version of one of her signature recipes (and a Canadian classic) - Nanaimo bars.
- Alternate Route Coffee will be opening up the coffee bar and serving speciality coffee with their own locally roasted beans.
- The Pantry will be open with a selection of local and regionally made goods to purchase as a treat or a gift.
- A few Leduc County vendors will be popping up in the pantry with additional treats and gifts.
- Plan a trip and take in distillery tours at Righand Distillery and drive-thru light shows at Rad Torque Raceway.
Full details and promos on all participating businesses can be found here.
Subscribe to our news and event posts
Stay up to date on Leduc County's latest economic development news and business events, programs, and public participation opportunities.